High expectations imply utter happiness and bitter disappointment. May we all have both in our lives!

luni, 15 decembrie 2008

What I DON'T want to be

Since I've started to make lists in some of my posts, I thought I'd keep up the good work and make some more.

Here's some of the things that I do not want to be (at least not in this lifetime):

I don't wanna be a self-sufficient, know-it-all, holier-than-thou career girl (In other words, I don't wanna turn 35 and realize that my life so far has been all about chasing a better job and a better looking, fitting piece of male)
I don't wanna die without leaving a trace of my existence in this world (most likely a child will do, at some point)
I don't wanna be a stiff parent
I don't wanna be a bad friend
I don't wanna have regrets (at least major ones, coz we all have regrets, whether we like it or not, comes with the territory of being human)
I don't wanna waste away my life (I wanna do something great at some point - put on the back burner at the moment)
I don't wanna lose the child in me
I don't wanna be anything other than I feel I can be
I don't wanna be a poser
I don't wanna stop loving life
I don't wanna stop loving people (no matter how shallow, rude, or bad they are)
I don't wanna get married for money or convenience
I don't wanna need to tell major lies

And...I don't wanna be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately

Niciun comentariu: