High expectations imply utter happiness and bitter disappointment. May we all have both in our lives!

luni, 5 ianuarie 2009

New beginning

There is a quote by G. B. Shaw that I used to like and relate to:

"There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it."

I still like it, but I found somebody's stand on it, which completely floats my boat.

"As far as I'm concerned, Shaw was a punk. You know what? Tragedies happen. What are you gonna do? Give up? Quit? No. I realize now that when your heart breaks you gotta fight like hell and make sure you're still alive. Coz you are. And that pain you feel, it's life. The confusion and fear is there to remind you that somewhere out there there is something better and that something is worth fighting for."

and to round it off:

"
The average life is full of near misses and absolute hits. Of great love and small disasters. It's made up of banana milkshakes, loft insulation and random shoes. It's dead ordinary and truly, truly amazing. What you've got to realize is, it's all here, now. So breathe deep and swallow it whole. Because take it from me: life just whizzes by, and then, all of a sudden, it's gone."

Niciun comentariu: